3 August 2005

Make a wish and send the email

What to wish for...

I got an email today. One of those read this and send it to 5 people within X minutes and you'll get what you wished for. I always delete these emails. For various reasons. I don't believe that things will actually happen because I forward an email and I don't want to bother people I know with such emails anyway. So I deleted it.

But it got me thinking. One wish. What would I wish for. Jonathan, Ed's boss, asked me a similar question a few nights ago during dinner at Chambar. If I could ask for anything right now, what would I ask for? I said "our mortgage fully paid". I think it's a good choice. A practical choice. We'd have so much disposable income if we didn't have to pay mortgage anymore.

What what about a bigger wish? Peace on earth? End to poverty? Planet earth saved from mankind's destruction? Does it even make sense to wish for these things because they are so BIG. The mortgage thing I can grasp and easily imagine. Peace on earth? That seems so far-fetched.

Anyway, I guess I could wish for happiness always. But do I really always want to be happy? My personal evolution must include some unhappy times. Wealth? That's not a bad wish. I would enjoy being wealthy. But it just sounds so selfish.

I think I will wish for peace inside me. Because I could be unhappy but still feel peace. I think that does happen. Peace inside me and peace inside everyone. That's still big but not too big.

No comments: