12 December 2006

Getting ready

December has always been a busy month. My birthday and then Christmas. This year, I asked Ed if we can celebrate my birthday by going skating. I am not playing hockey anymore and I really miss being on the ice. Skating is one of those things I truly enjoy. Luckily, there is public skating at a nearby community centre on Friday evening. And then after skating, Ed is taking me out for some Cambodian food. Should be interesting...

For Christmas, we will be spending a few days with our friends Lizza and Pat who live near Spokane, WA. The plan for Christmas day is to go enjoy the slopes at Schweitzer resort in Idaho. This will be a little get-away for me and Ed; I am very excited.

Our super generous friend, Kim, has agreed to keep our kitties company while we’re gone. (Thanks, Kim!) I wish we could take the cats with us but they would probably respond with stress attacks. Plus Pat is allergic so their house is a no-cat zone. On the bright side, they get to snuggle with auntie Kim for a few days!

Now, I am getting Christmas cards and gifts organized. We’ve put up the Christmas tree and some other decorations. We’ve been pigging out since the start of the month. Yes, we’re really into the yuletide spirit now!

No comments: