6 June 2007

Radio station

Z95.3 closed it’s radio station last Monday. Just like that, Nat and Drew were gone. I wake up every morning to Nat and Drew. I wonder what happened.

In any case, I started looking for a different station while driving to work and stumbled across 107.9. They played alternative, some rock, a little pop. It’s a good mix and hardly any ads or contests and sh*t like that. Found out today that it’s a station run by BCIT students who are in the school’s radio programming and management program. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Derek said...

It's a great station, but its broadcast range seems pretty limited. In my experience most of the city doesn't even get it.

Z95 died from poor decision making: when JACKFM showed up a few years ago, Z tried to become more like that format, and The Beat moved into Z95's old "hits" niche.

But I rarely listen to radio anyway, other than CBC. I find music podcasts and Internet radio far more fun -- commercial over-the-air radio sounds terribly stifled and sold out by comparison.