23 October 2008

Not two but eight more trays

Two weeks ago, I started wearing my Invisalign tray 19 out of 21. Invisalign makes my “braces“ and they use a series of plastic trays, one slightly different from the last, to move my teeth around. I change trays every two weeks and since January, my teeth have moved a lot. I thinks so, anyway. Most people won’t even really notice. (but I’m doing this for me, not them!)

Anyway, I thought I had two more trays left and mentally, I was very excited about the prospect that four weeks from now, I won’t have to wear the trays during the day anymore. You see, I have to brush and floss after every meal and can’t snack when I’m wearing the trays. But this morning, my dentist said they’ve had to do refinements to my alignment plan and instead of two more trays, I have eight more. That’ll be sixteen more weeks of brushing and flossing and no snacking!

Sigh...

4 comments:

Yvette said...

Ugh. Does that mean you have to bring them on your Turkey trip?!

LL said...

yeah, i'll have to wear them during our trip. probably will just wear them at night since i'm not sure what the state of the washrooms are in the places we'll be going to.

The Blommesteins said...

I totally forgot that you are still wearing them. I guess the 'invisible' part is working!

lizza said...

darn it! just hang in there! 16 weeks will go by fast.