6 November 2008

Sticky and Sweet Madonna

Ed and I went to see Madonna perform on Oct 30. She’s amazing. What a show! Non-stop entertainment, hit after hit, costume change after costume change. Nine of the 23 songs she performed were from the new CD, Hard Candy. The old hits, of course, got the most response and sing-along participation from the audience. 55,000 people packed BC Place. Imagine 55,000 people singing along. Pretty cool. I love the rock version of Borderline. That was the thing, too, that I found interesting - Madonna played the guitar for a major part of the concert. When she wasn’t playing the guitar, she was dancing or skipping rope. And the whole time, singing! Does she ever run out of breath? It didn’t seem so. Her voice actually sounded better than I anticipated. It was strong and resonant.

A very fun evening, indeed, singing and dancing for two straight hours. I hope she comes here again. Remarkable performance. She’s 50 years old! Amazing.



More concert pics here...

1 comment:

Yvette said...

But my question still stands...did Ed sing along?!