27 April 2010

Costco, thumbs up; Dyson, thumbs down

The hose that connects the canister to the vacuum head split open last week. We bought this Dyson vacuum in May 2009 so i was pretty disappointed that it would break already. Prior to the Dyson, I had a Beaumark vacuum that I used for 10 years. In fact, Ed’s brother is still using it to this day. The Dyson vacuum is way more expensive than the Beaumark one so I guess my expectation was that it would be trouble-free, too. Fortunately, Dyson has a 5-year warranty and we bought the vacuum from Costco, who are so good about taking the product back and replacing it with a new one. Hassle-free, really. I hope they don’t just throw away the old vacuum, though, because aside from the hose, it works just fine.

I’ll have to keep a closer eye on the hose this time around. Hopefully, this unit will last longer than the last one. But if it does break down, I hope it happens before the warranty runs out!

1 comment:

The Blommesteins said...

Don't tell that to Josh! I've been coveting the Dyson for a while now. :) Though I'll just be sure to buy it from Costco!