27 January 2012

Thank you, Papa

My dad, Roberto Lorico, passed away on Jan 19, 2012. He was 80 years old. The last five years of his lfe, he lived with dementia, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's. These years were not easy for my dad.

Sophia and I arrived in Manila the day before my dad died. We were able to see him in the hospital and I had one last opportunity to say goodbye and once again to say thank you. My dad didn't start his life rich but he was ambitious and worked his way up the corporate ladder. His dream was for his children to have successful careers and he worked very hard to make this dream a reality. He was frugal but he sent me and my siblings to the best schools in the city. He taught us how to work hard and manage our money wisely. I now enjoy a comfortable life in one of the best cities in the world because my dad made it possible for this to happen to me. For this, I will always be grateful.

Rest now, Papa. I hope we made you proud.

3 comments:

iTripped said...

Liezel, I am sorry to hear of your father's passing. Holly and I send our heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Take care and have a safe trip back to Vancouver.

Lisa Corriveau said...

Oh Liezel, I'm so sorry... My condolences.

LL said...

Thanks, David. Thanks, Lisa.