15 May 2012

Bye bye bike

I sold my motorcycle, a Suzuki GS500, a couple of weeks ago.  I bought the bike in 1997, thinking that I would upgrade to a newer, bigger bike after two to three years, but I really enjoyed riding my bike that I just hung on to her all these years.  I haven’t ridden the last few years and the bike has been sitting in our basement and garage.  Even though I wasn’t riding (being pregnant and having the baby can do that), I just couldn’t let my bike go.  But finally, the wish for my bike to be on the road again, doing her thing, pushed me into action.  I found a good home for her with new owners, Shannon and Trent.  I know my bike will be in good hands.

I felt sad when Trent rode off with my bike but happy, too, that she will be back on the road.  Bye bye, Suzie.  You were an awesome bike and I will miss you!

I asked Ed to take photos of me during my last ride...
 Last ride 

Last ride

4 comments:

Carl Brodie said...

So sad! I lived vicariously through you!

LL said...

Yeah, so sad. It kinda feels like my old life is being sold off piece by piece. I'm still hanging on to my hockey gear, although, goodness knows when I can get back into that sport again.

2wheelsx2 said...

You can just go and get a new 250 Ninja in a couple of years. We're thinking of getting one for Erin. Faster, lighter, and better brakes than the GS500....and used ones are cheap. :D

LL said...

Maybe when Sophia is older and can reach the foot pegs, I can get a new bike and get her to ride with me. :)