24 June 2012

Reno update - 2.5 weeks

Two and a half weeks in, our both our kitchen and bathroom have been stripped down to the studs, the electrical and insulation have been upgraded, plumbing adjusted as needed, the wiring for the heated floor has been installed, and new walls and ceiling have been put in place.  Our new bath tub is also in place already.  That’s a lot of progress in a short time!  We have selected the tiles for the floors and walls, as well as the fixtures for the tub and sinks.  So many decisions!  it is exciting to see it come together. 

Kitchen before the reno
Kitchen demolition
Kitchen a week into the reno
Bathroom before the reno
Tub before the reno
Tub area demolition
Living in a one-bedroom basement suite has been interesting.  It feels a little like camping where you have just the bare essentials for everything.  Aside from sleeping fitfully the first night, Sophia has embraced the new living arrangements with aplomb.  I think Sophia is really enjoying it because I am always within ten feet from her.  I was washing dishes the other day and she was playing, about six feet from me.  Then I feel her feet on the back of my legs and I look down to find her laying down by my feet holding her toy and blankie, smiling up at me.  I guess six feet was still a little too far for her liking.

No comments: