6 January 2006

Looking forward to 2006

resolution : a firm decision to do or not to do something
challenge : a call to take part in a contest or competition; a task or situation that tests someone’s abilities

I am going to test my abilities. Instead of making resolutions, I am going to challenge myself to make adjustments in my routine and behaviour in order to accomplish more of the “I wish I had blah blah” things in my life.

First challenge:
Nurture my spirituality. Spend time meditating, contemplating, focusing on what’s inside me. Spend time with family and friends.
(deliverable: a journal that is up to date and that goes deeper than just reporting on what I did that day)

Second challenge:
Nurture my body. Eat healthy and exercise more than I did last year.
(deliverable: intense workout at least 3x a week to improve cardio and build up muscle
bonus: a six-pack by June! hehehe )

Third challenge:
Nurture my mind. Read more, learn more.
(deliverable: finish reading at least one book a month)

Adjustments to make:
- go to be earlier so that I get enough sleep and rest
- leave work by 6:30pm so that I will have time to go to the gym and have a proper dinner
- no TV during the week so that I can spend that time reading, keeping in touch with friends and family, and meditating
- eat less junk food and treats

That’s it. Sounds easy enough! :) But if it was so easy, why haven’t I been able to do it? Huh, huh?

That’s why I’m calling it a challenge. I am a competitive person and so I am challenging myself to do better. I am challenging myself to deliver.

No comments: