31 January 2006

This and that

Haven’t been very good about writing entries into here. Some thoughts from the last three weeks...

- I voted but didn’t really study each party’s platform. Just went for the better candidate in my riding, plus I didn’t really have major disagreements with the Liberal’s policies. But I really should be more informed.

- I am so tired of all this rain here in Vancouver. Apparently, 29 of 31 days in January have been rainy. Can’t help feeling like a wet duck.

- Sun run! I am starting to train for the 10k Sun Run in April. I’m a treadmill type of runner but so far, running outside hasn’t been all that bad. My only worry is getting my runners all dirty... Hate that.

- Been working out pretty regularly this month. Quite proud of that. 1 month down, 11 more to go.

- Going to sleep by 11:30... Well, haven’t been too good about that. Will do better...

- Work has been busy and challenging. This leadership stuff is not easy.

- We have a PVR which records TV shows for later viewing. Ed’s ecstatic about it but I’m worried that this will entice us to watch more TV, not less. But I am glad we got it because of the upcoming Olympic Games. I can record all the events I’m interested in while I’m sleeping!

- My cats are acting weird. I think they are getting used to the new food that I abruptly switched them over to. Neo is acting more and more like his normal self but Bob didn’t want to eat tonight. He always eats. Uh-oh, I hope he’s not sick too.

- Giving antibiotic pills to Neo is touch and go. Some nights I get it in one attempt. Some nights, well, I’m surprised Neo still comes to snuggle with me.

- Haven’t seen my mom since Christmas. Wow, that month just flew by. It’s time to get out to Richmond for a visit.

- My friend Lizza and her hubby Pat will be moving in to their brand new house in a few days. I am so excited for them! I’m envious too. A brand new house... Sigh...

- Dragon boat season is under way. Paddling in waterproof everything and a toque. Fun.

- Ed’s been very dedicated to paddling, working very hard to get stronger and faster. I’m very proud of him.

- Having my cats sleep on me and snuggle with me is one of the joys in my life. They are just adorable.

No comments: