28 February 2006

Heart rate monitors rock!

My hubby gave me a Timex Ironman heart rate monitor last weekend. It’s kind of funny because I gave him a heart rate monitor (Garmin Forerunner 301) for Christmas. What I gave him is the uber heart rate monitor - it has GPS and stores a history of workouts. It comes with software to install on your computer so you can download your workout history and see graphs and stuff.

I went for a run today and used the HR monitor. It was really helpful because I went at my normal pace and found out that my HR at that pace was right in the middle of my aerobic zone. That means that I can actually go a bit faster and still be in this zone. So I picked it up a bit and brought my HR up closer to the upper limit of my aerobic zone. Cool! Just after one run and I’m already loving this little device.

No comments: