29 March 2006

3rd year and counting

Cherry blossoms remind me of our wedding day. March 29, 2003, was a chilly, gray day but the pink and white cherry blossoms around Robson Manor, where we got married, livened up the atmosphere.

I was walking this morning by Burrard station and all the cherry blossoms there are in bloom right now. It was so pretty! And it brought back very fond memories of one of the best days of my life. Hard to believe that day was three years ago now.

I have to say that it has gotten easier - being married, I mean. I think Ed and I are doing a good job figuring out a rhythm for our relationship. It’s not perfect, by any means, but we do have a good foundation to work with. And I am getting more accustomed to being married. It is taking me a while but I am making progress. I was on my own for so long and shifting from “me, me, me” to “us”, well, has its challenges. For me, anyway.

An anniversary is about celebration. Celebrate the ups and the downs, the happiness and the worries. Celebrate what we’ve learned about each other since getting married. Celebrate the fact that we made it to this milestone. With the day to day grind and annoyances, it is easy to forget and lose sight of this.

Happy anniversary, Edmund! Thank you for being so good to me. I’m looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with you.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

wow! can't believe it's been 3 years since that day that we froze at the burnaby heritage museum! hehehe...congratulations to both of you on 3 years of marital bliss!