16 June 2006

Back to YVR

Yesterday was another productive day with Glencore. Two of their operators - one who does crude and another who does gas blending - spent time explaining their work process to us. We also met people from Triple Point, the makers of PhysOps which is the application Glencore is deploying to manage their movements. Then we spent the rest of the time outlining the documents they want the Navarik system to produce through the life cycle of a voyage.

They fed us sushi again for lunch which was delicious. And Bill, Richard, Chris, Mary, and I went out for dinner to a tapas place in Greenwich. I had a good time; conversation flowed easily. The Glencore group is a pleasant bunch to spend time with. I mean, it’s not hard work to converse with them.

Greenwich was surreal. It just oozed money. Not just rich money but wealthy money. Like private jet money. The women in the restaurant looked like they were all wearing designer clothes and had hair stylists on-staff to coif them for a night out. Just gorgeous and stylish women. Yes, I felt frumpy, indeed, in my west coast flip-flops.

All in all, a good visit with Glencore. Hopefully, we get the business!

Today is travel day. White Plains, NY to Chicago to Vancouver.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, my luggage got left behind in Chicago. It wasn’t only me; there were around ten other people whose luggage didn’t make it to Vancouver. My bag was delivered to Bill’s place on Saturday since I was going to be racing all day. Bill brought it to the office and voila, I was reunited with my luggage by Saturday evening. Thanks, Bill!

No comments: