26 June 2006

Now what?

I’m feeling kind of lost. A little over a week ago, my dragon boat team competed in the Alcan DB festival. We’ve been training and preparing since late January. I’ve been training since last fall! Then just like that, the weekend was over. Two races on Saturday and three on Sunday.

Then a few days later, I found out that my gym shut down without any notice. Just like that, I didn’t have a gym.

So now, I find myself with no gym and no dragon boat races until September. It’s a weird feeling after being so focused for so many months.

I need an end goal. Something to strive for. What could that be? I guess my options are:
• sign up for the FCRCC outrigger program and maybe get into the race development
• sign up and train for a 10K run
• get into something new like tennis

Or I could just veg out and not do much of anything.

No comments: