6 July 2006

Varekai

Together with some friends, I went to Cirque du Soleil’s Varekai last night. The show was amazing. Everything about it was amazing. The costumes, music, choreography, acrobatics, and funny acts were all so superb. The entire time, my eyes were popping out in awe and my hands were tired from clapping. I must have said “wow” a gazillion times! Okay, I’m exaggerating but it was quite spectacular indeed.

The acts in the show, from what I remember:
- angel twirling in the net in the air
- acrobatics with guys being juggled and twirled using the feet
- three boys twirling rope thingies
- four women swinging up in the air (trapeze)
- russian (georgian) dance
- a woman doing maneuvers in an aerial hoop
- juggler
- acrobatics - a blend of bendy people and balancing them plus sliding around the stage
- two guys flying through the air suspended by their wrists
- bendy girl balancing in canes
- somersaults from swings
- clowns - disappearing act, guy singing a french song

The highlight acts for me were the two guys flying through the air, the foot juggling acrobatics, and the somersaults from the swings. The “musical” acts were really good too. I didn’t want the show to end. It was quite disappointing when they started taking their bow. I just wanted the show to go on and on.

What a show! Thanks to Kei for treating us! You rock!

No comments: