19 July 2006

July wedding #3

For the third weekend in a row, Ed and I attended a wedding. Shelley and Mark got married last Saturday in North Van. It was a lovely wedding and I'm glad for Shelley.

Random thoughts about that day...

- This is the second mass I’ve attended this year; the first one being Mark Aleong’s wedding last May.
- Even though I haven’t gone to mass in a while, all the responses and prayers automatically come up from some recesses of my brain. I can even recite along with the priest most of his lines. Weird.
- Shelley and Mark didn’t sit together during the mass. Her chair was on one side of the aisle and his chair on the other side. That was weird too.
- I love Trini weddings because people actually dance and dance and dance after dinner. It’s fun.
- The Trinidadian rum cake is so delicious. I think they use an entire bottle of rum to make that cake.


1 comment:

Yvette said...

Rum cake rocks! I want more!