2 April 2008

London tidbits

On Tuesday night, I went to the pub around the corner, Friend At Hand, for dinner (rump steak and fries) and I watched a bit of the football game (Man U vs Roma) while I was there. I also read my book, which probably was insulting to the local football fans in the place. But a player from Man U caught my eye.... Cristiano Ronaldo is HOT! Wow.

I’ve never seen anybody eat spaghetti with a knife and fork before. It was like he was eating steak or chicken, except he was cutting noodles with his knife instead of meat. The elderly man at the next table cut the spaghetti into a small “piece”. He then proceeded to put the cut noodles on the back of his fork and put the noodles in his mouth. Interesting...

Tube fiasco... I got the the South Kensington station at 8:45 tonight and the sign said that the train was coming in two minutes. Fifteen minutes later, I was still standing on that platform. There was a fire alarm in the previous station, hence, the Piccadilly Line service was suspended. The attendant at the station said I should take the Circle Line to King’s Cross and then transfer to the Piccadilly Line there. He said the service should be back up by the time I get there. Again, I waited and waited but no Circle train. So I go back to the Tube map to look for another way. Aha! District Line to Victoria station, then the Victoria Line to Green Park station, and then hopefully, the Picadilly Line will start working by then. Thankfully, it did start up again about five minutes after I arrived at the platform in Green Park. By the time I got to Russell Square, my destination, an hour and 15 minutes had gone by. Agh!

5 comments:

bockman said...

I've never eaten spaghetti with the spoon and twirl...always knife and fork. Cut it all up, dispense with the knife and you can just fork it in with no muss no fuss. With the twirl there's always the danger of the spaghetti 'flick'...scary

LL said...

I didn't know that about you, Darren! :)

The funny thing I found about this man was he would cut the noodles one bite-sized piece at a time instead of cutting it all up. Very proper English manners, I guess.

Unknown said...

well we know kei eats his pizza with a knife and fork, so the spaghetti thing isn't that far out there ;)

LeWong said...

*lol* Patrick is a knife&fork spaghetti eater too!

LeWong said...

*lol* Patrick is a knife&fork spaghetti eater too!