27 January 2009

Bob and Nigeria

Writing about two different things in one post...

After two days in the hospital, Bob was discharged on Saturday morning. He needs to eat special food for six weeks and is taking antibiotics for two weeks. I’m just glad he is going to be okay.

However, when we got home, Neo and Bob started hissing at each other. Neo was NOT a happy camper. He kept hissing and growling at Bob. I kept Bob in the laundry room for the afternoon. WhenI finally let him out and the two cats were very wary of each other. Bob learned to just ignore Neo’s hissing after a while. Finally, on Sunday night, Ed and I bathed Bob. The theory is he picked up all these strange smells from the vet’s and Neo was freaking out because Bob smelled like other animals. So we bathed Bob in order to get the strange smell off him.

He was really good during bath time. He didn’t flail around or get violent. He just stayed still, almost like he enjoyed it. He was really cute.

Hopefully, the bath will help and the two cats can live peacefully together again. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm posting this from Frankfurt airport. I'm on my way to Lagos, Nigeria. I've been on the road for 16.5 hours already and I still have another 9 hours of travel to go. It's been a long day.

I barely made it to my connecting flight in Calgary since my flight was delayed out of YVR. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my luggage made it on the plane, too. The Calgary to Frankfurt flight was pretty good in terms of the food. I had wine and port and tuna appetizer and arctic char and cheeses and some pie. That was dinner. I did manage to sleep a bit during the flight. I also started reading the Jane Austen book I borrowed, Persuasion. I also listened to some music, watched a couple of The Hour podcast episodes, and listened to a couple of BBC documentaries. The in-flight entertainment system was not working so we’re going to get airmiles instead. That happened during the flight from Paris to Montreal, too, last July. What’s up with the entertainment systems? Thank goodness for the iPod!

No comments: