22 March 2009

New helmet

For several years now, when I buy my ski pass, I think “I should get a helmet this year”. And I decide to wait til the spring when the ski gear go on sale. But when spring comes, I forget to go shop for a helmet. Then winter comes round again and I think “I really should get a helmet”.

The death of Natasha Richardson from what seemed like an innocent fall on a beginner hill prompted me to finally get my ass into a store and buy a helmet. And being spring, helmets were 40% off which made me pretty happy. So, next time I go skiing, I’ll have a little bit more protection than I used to. And that’s a good thing.

2 comments:

The Blommesteins said...

I was just saying the same thing to Josh the other day. Though, we won't be hitting the slopes anytime soon.

Derek said...

If there's any benefit to Richardson's death, it's that many more people will get helmets, and more injuries and deaths will be prevented.