4 May 2009

Vroom, vroom...

Last Saturday, Ed and I pushed our motorcycles out of our basement and into our garage. Ed's bike is a Ninja ZX-6R and mine is a Suzuki GS500, and they've been parked in the basement for three years. Shame! The goal this past weekend was to get them up and running again. I was nervous that they won't even start after sitting for that long. But after a few tries, the Ninja started up. Ed took it for short ride around the block and the look of joy on his face was priceless. I had to buy a new battery so I couldn't get mine started up until Sunday. It took a few tries and Ed's lucky touch before my bike finally roared to life. Whew!

My riding skills are soooo rusty! I need a parking lot session to get the kinks out but am looking forward to riding Suzy (that's my bike's name) around town again. Maybe even go on a road trip this summer. So exciting!

2 comments:

Yvette said...

I'm SO jealous!

Jenny said...

Can you believe I'm looking into getting an M license (to ride a scooter!)...maybe a pink one, hehe.