29 February 2012

Play and swim time

I took Sophia to the community centre last Sunday morning. They set up the gym with kids toys, charge a drop-in fee of $2.00, and require the parents supervise their kids. Sophia had a blast! She was a little overwhelmed at first, clinging to my leg and not wanting to try any of the toys. But after about five minutes of hugs from me, she let me sit her down on one of the ride-on toys. Then there was no stopping her! I think riding the wagon was her favourite. She had a smile of her face as I pulled the wagon around the gym. She also enjoyed climbing in and out of the wagon once I was done pulling her around.
 
 

On Tuesday morning, I took Sophia to a nearby pool. We bought a neoprene wetsuit for her because she would get cold really fast when we take her to the pool (even though the water is heated) or the water park. This was the first time she would be wearing the wetsuit and I was a little worried that she wouldn’t like wearing it. She protested a little when I was putting it on her but complied when I told her that she can’t go into the pool if she didn’t wear the suit. She looked soooo cute wearing it! I wish I took a photo but taking photos are not permitted at the pool. Anyway, the kids area at the pool was awesome and Sophia had such a great time. It was shallow enough that Sophia could walk around on her own. I handed her a floating board to hold on to while she walked around. I also held her while she floated on her tummy. She kicked her feet and tried to blow bubbles, although, she ended up drinking the water instead of blowing bubbles. Later on, she let me float her on her back. She was giggling the entire time. We were in the pool for almost an hour before her lips turned blue. The suit did its job! Without the suit, I think Sophia would have been shivering within ten minutes. On the way home, Sophia kept saying “pool” over and over again. I’m excited to bring her back. We both had a wonderful time!

ps. Thanks to Auntie Jenny for coming to the pool and playing with Sophia!

No comments: