26 October 2012

@dell.com

Starting last Monday, my work email now ends with @dell.com, instead of @navarik.com.  I was with Navarik for 12 years, seeing and helping it grow from a little start-up to a mature, stable company.  I was Navarik's employee #1 and the decision to leave was not an easy one.  But it just felt like the right time to go try something different somewhere else.  I am certain I will miss Navarik and my friends there for a long time.

It certainly is different where I am now.  Navarik has less than 50 employees, whereas Dell has over 100,000 employees in I don't even know how many countries.  The team I joined is a product team that develops software for modernizing legacy systems and my role involves product management, business analysis, etc.  My role is similar to what I was doing at Navarik but the products and users are quite different from what I am used to. I was looking for change and I definitely got it.

It is Friday now and I survived my first week at Dell.  It was overwhelming and scary but it was also good.  Change is good, right?  Right???

2 comments:

Julie said...

I believe change is always good.....not because what we were doing before wasn't, just because it's time to experience something new and different. Good luck with the new job. I hope we will get an update on how it is going in the coming months.

LL said...

Thanks, Julie! I will definitely give an update a few months from now.