15 June 2013

Our little ballerina

Sophia loves wearing her ballet dress. After we get home from daycare, she would ask to change into her ballet dress and she would wear it while eating dinner. She prances around the house with a big smile on her face, being so delighted with her ballet dress.

A week ago, we were able to complete the ensemble with a pair of leotards and ballet slippers. She put on the whole outfit the moment we got home. She smiled from ear to ear and bounced happily around the house. It made my heart melt to see how happy she was. I still remember how envious I was of the girls in my class in elementary who took ballet classes. I really, really wanted to be in ballet class, too, but my parents didn’t have money or time for extracurricular activities, not with five kids to send to private school. At some point, I begged my mom for ballet slippers but she said it would be a waste of money since I was not going to ballet class anyway. I remember feeling so dejected.

Now, I can give something to Sophia that I couldn’t have myself. She’s signed up for ballet class beginning in July. She has the ballet slippers I couldn’t have when I was a kid. It makes me so happy that I can make it possible for her to do stuff like ballet. To see that smile of her face gives me such joy. I love it!

Doing the tree pose!

No comments: