8 February 2007

39:42

Tonight, I did my first ever non-stop 5km loop around False Creek. Usually, I rest when I reach Cambie Bridge and Science World. But tonight, there were no rest stops.

I started at the dock in Alder Bay, then out to False Creek and headed east towards Science World where I made a U-turn to go back towards Cambie Bridge. I continued west until the buoy across from the Granville Island Hotel where I turned left to cross False Creek to head back to Alder Bay.

My time: 39 mins and 42 seconds. My target was 40 mins so I’m happy about coming in just below it. It was a very calm night and the water was so still. On a windy, choppy day my time would have been above 40 mins. But still, it’s not bad for my first 5km loop. At least, I have a benchmark to work off of. By the end of the year, I should be closer to 35 mins. That’s the goal anyway, something to shoot for.

No comments: