5 March 2007

Warrenville, take 2

Been in Warrenville, IL since Feb 25 and tomorrow, I finally get to go home. I miss my boys - Ed, Neo, and Bob.

Like our visit here a month ago, this has been another food-fest. We have been eating very well and the portions here in the US is gigantic. So all that weight and fat I lost during our D-Tox cleanse are back, for sure. Oh well... Once again, I spent money on clothes. But this time around, I got to walk along the Magnificent Mile, and drive around the neighbourhood near Wrigley Field. We visited an area called Old Town, just north of the Chicago Loop, as well as a place called Geneva which is about a 15 min drive from Warrenville. Geneva is a quaint and picturesque village situated by the Fox river. Very pretty town. On a warmer day, walking along its pretty streets would have been a lot more enjoyable. As it was, we had to walk briskly because of the biting cold. But the thing that struck me the most was the blue, blue sky. Not a cloud in sight. It was a beautiful day.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my luggage will not weigh over 50 lbs or else they will charge me extra. I think it is in the high 40’s. I hope I’m right.

No comments: