15 July 2008

London, visit #6

I’m staying at Canary Wharf, though, for the first time and it’s a very different experience than staying in central London. Canary Wharf is a business area and while there are shops around, they close by 7 or 8 pm. And once the office workers go home, the entire area is pretty quiet. But it is a short walk to BP’s office, so that’s nice. Otherwise, it is a 20 to 30-minute commute from central London by the Underground and that can be not very pleasant, especially in the summer when it gets warm in the trains. The weather has been good since our arrival but it’s suppsed to rain later this week. I’m hoping the forecast is wrong.

The meetings with the client have been very productive. Been quite hectic so far. But having the hectic days have helped me stave off the jetlag zombie feeling.

The highlights so far have been a black cardigan I bought because it’s colder than I anticipated and last night’s dinner with my colleagues where we had a wee bit too much wine. It’s going to be a fun week!

No comments: