20 February 2011

First family vacation

We're in Trinidad currently, spending time with and introducing Sophia to Ed's family here. It was a long journey to get here (we had to stay overnight in Edmonton) and I was worried about how Sophia would handle it. She was awesome! She didn't cry at all and was amiable the entire trip. Once we arrived in Trinidad, I stripped her down to her onesie. She didn't seem to mind the heat, thankfully. We also got her sleeping and napping based on the local time as soon as we got here. She hasn't had trouble falling asleep for her naps but she had a couple of nights where she took longer than usual to fall asleep. But other than that, she's adjusted fairly well to being here. I love dressing her up in little summer outfits that she got as hand-me-downs from my friends. Her arms and legs are always covered up back home, so seeing them bare is a treat for us.
With Auntie Christine

We've been spending this past week just hanging out at Ed's dad's house, and we've really enjoyed it. We sit in the patio, enjoy the breeze, have some cool drinks. So relaxing. Sophia eats her meals in the patio, too, and she's so relaxed sitting on my lap. Yesterday, we hung out at Ed's uncle's house. Sophia got to go in the pool for the first time ever. She loves to kick her feet and so being in the water was really fun for her. Of course, being the anxious first-time mom, I got her covered up from head to toe! She looked so cute with her hat on. Surprisingly, she didn't tug or pull at the hat. I got to wear my new one-piece with tummy control swimsuit. It's been a long time since I wore a one-piece swimsuit while on a tropical island and it's definitely the first time I've had to worry about tummy control. Life after giving birth is so different on so many levels! hahaha

First time in a swimming pool

Next week, Ed, Sophia and I are going to Grenada. This is our little family get-away. We are staying at a hotel right by the beach. I'm quite excited!

Here are more pics from our vacation so far...
First plane ride!

Cool dudette in a jolly jumper

Sophia's going to start crawling real soon.

Mosquitoes love me.

Our cutie pie.

No comments: