20 April 2009

A newborn baby

In the evening of April 12, one of my closest friends, Yvette, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Avery. Since Brian, her husband, had to look after Avery’s big bro Joshua, I volunteered to sleep at the hospital on the Monday night and stay with Yvette. The “problem” was I have never carried a newborn baby. I usually wait until the baby is 3 or 4 months old and can hold up their head. But for me to be any help to Yvette that night, I had to carry the baby. I was awkward and nervous but I’m glad to report that I didn’t drop or hurt the baby in any way. Whew!

Congratulations to Yvette, Bri, and Joshie! And thanks for letting me be part of her arrival into this world.

2 comments:

Derek said...

These days, many of us don't see or hold a true newborn until we have our own. Glad you had the chance.

lizza said...

Nice job liezel! I can totally totally relate! Looking back, wasn't it cool to be a part of the first few days of this baby being born in this world? I hope you gave it your good vibes!