25 May 2006

Photo Booth

One new feature in this MacBook Pro that the PowerBook didn’t have is a built-in iSight camera. I was clicking around earlier and discovered an app called Photo Booth. It allowed me to take a picture with the iSight camera. Here I am, playing around with the new laptop. Do I look thrilled or what???



Speaking of photos, I had my picture taken for my citizenship card (yes, that was stolen too). The thing that really bug me is my photo in my original citizenship card, which I got in 1996, is a really good picture of me. Fresh-faced and smiling happily. I’m a Canadian citizen! Yay!

Ten years later, smiles are no longer permitted when it comes to these government photos. WTF? What’s wrong with smiling in our passports? Why do we all have to look like sad, angry people? I don’t get it. I tried to look happy without actually breaking into a smile. It worked a little bit. At least, I don’t look like I’m just about to be put in a jail cell. But sadly, fresh-faced I am not. Ten years later and it showed. Ouch.

I get to do it all over again for my passport. Sigh... Not looking forward to it.

No comments: